- Coronavirus (COVID-19) AccomodationsPark is open
With 303 acres of trails with over a mile long beach the parking lot is a 15 min. walk to the partially restored dock. An easy hike on Vashon-Maury Island with great views on a clear day. The former Gravel Pit area now allows improved access to a rocky beach with views of the Cascade Mountains and Mount Rainier. The hike is mostly on a unremarkable gravel access road which has a 500 foot elevation drop to the beach, not the best for the return route, but the views and beach access are well worth it.
Head south on Dockton Road SW, east on SW Point Robinson Road, right on 59th Avenue SW, and left on SW 244th Street. The parking lot and trail access is near the end of SW 244th Street.
Download the trail map at kingcounty.gov/gis/web/VMC/recreation/BCT_MauryIsland_brochure.pdf
Camping is open May 1st through October 31st
No open fires are allowed in Maury Island Marine Park, and campers must bring their own potable water.
The campsite is being operated as a pilot project this summer, after which King County Parks will assess the feasibility of entering into a long-term agreement with Vashon Watersports to offer primitive camping at Maury Island Natural Area.
- Verified: 4:00 pm - 7:00 pmMonClosedTueClosedWed4:00 pm - 7:00 pmThu4:00 pm - 7:00 pmFri4:00 pm - 8:00 pmSat4:00 pm - 8:00 pmSunClosedCovid-19 Accommodations: YesCOVID-19: Offering Dinner for Pick upDate Established on Island: July 19, 2018Christopher Koerber, Chef of Earthen Bistro, began his culinary journey on the east coast in southern New Hampshire where, growing up in a small german bakery and local farming community was steeped in the old world traditions of food preparation. Fueled by his culinary passion, he took a job for a summer on an organic vegetable farm where he developed Read more...
- Covid-19 Accommodations: YesCOVID-19: Strongly discourage group activitiesFrom the Park District: A 43.0 acre park developed as an equestrian park that has become a multi-use and large event center. It is located in the center of Vashon Island off Southwest 220th Street. Portions of the former NIKE missile site conserve stands of second growth woodlands. A Foster cross-country equestrian jumping course has been cleared around the perimeter Read more...
- Enjoy the sunsets over Colvos Passage from this 5.5 acre park. Lisabuela is a well-located stopover for your transition between South and Mid-Sound. Knowledgeable boaters go from south to north in Colvos Passage, using the predominately northward flow to help their passage. The east end of the property conserves a wooded ravine and hillside. The shoreline area has been improved Read more...
- : 9:00 am - 5:00 pmMon9:00 am - 5:00 pmTue9:00 am - 5:00 pmWed9:00 am - 5:00 pmThu9:00 am - 5:00 pmFri9:00 am - 5:00 pmSat9:00 am - 7:00 pmSunClosedCovid-19 Accommodations: YesVashon Heating and Cooling is located at on Vashon Island. A valued business Vashon Heating and Cooling on Vashon, visit them today or contact them at 206 463-1777 for more information about their business services. A valued HVAC Vashon Heating and Cooling would love to see you come on by and get to know all they have to offer. Author: Read more...