- Coronavirus (COVID-19) AccomodationsAvailable for take away! 11 AM - 7:30 PM Call in your order 206.463.1800 Pick up at Relish one door south.
Nearly a decade and a half ago, Melinda Powers peered through the expansive windows of the oldest commercial building on Vashon Island and where others might have seen only the empty shell of a beloved old hardware store, she saw a restaurant. Not just any restaurant, but one that would serve ‘great good food’, perfectly prepared and gracefully presented, the ingredients locally-sourced, organic and all-natural, hormone-free, and in many cases gluten-free — and would do so from breakfast through dinner, seven days a week.
But that was not her only objective. She wanted The Hardware Store, now listed on the National Register of Historic Places, to become a community gathering place that embodied the unique spirit and character of the island and the people of Vashon — relaxed, informal, welcoming, caring. Over the years, The Hardware Store also has served as a stage for island artists and musicians and a venue for special events that have raised hundreds of thousands of dollars for dozens of island organizations and institutions.
Today, the restaurant and event catering staff has grown to fifty devoted employees. And Melinda’s vision has been made real: The Hardware Store is a place where regulars are embraced and strangers become friends, a place for friends to visit together, for milestones to be celebrated, and for all customers to feel at home.
STARTERS AND SHARING PLATES
Local Penn Cove mussels with white wine butter sauce, bacon, shallots and green apples
White bean hummus, Dukkah spice dip and olive oil, cucumbers, mixed Green olives, feta and grilled pita
Signature Brussels Sprouts
Caramelized with shallots and balsamic glaze
Fresh Alaskan Halibut Ceviche
With avocado and tortilla chips
Buttermilk Fried Chicken Strips
Fried all-natural chicken tenders and a dab of fries
Parmesan Truffle Fries
White truffle oil, herbs and shaved Parmesan with peppercorn aioli
Mac and Cheese
Classic comfort food – three cheeses and toasted bread crumbs
Sweet Potato Fries
With roasted red pepper aioli
SALADS AND TOPPINGS
Tarragon fennel vinaigrette, organic spring mix, tri-color carrots, radishes, sunflower seeds
A classic with house made dressing and croutons, shaved parmesan
Iceberg wedge, cherry tomatoes, crispy bacon, gorgonzola crumbles, croutons and bleu cheese dressing
Buttermilk Fried Chicken Salad
Fried all-natural local chicken with organic field greens, avocado, tomatoes, bacon and ranch dressing
grilled chicken, if you prefer)
We’ve been told it’s the best in the world!
Loaded with clams, plus potatoes, bacon, onion & celery.
Loaded with % Dungeness crab, roasted red pepper, aioli, and a dab of greens
Two marinated, baked Pacific cod tacos with cabbage salad, cilantro-jalapeño and Sriracha aiolis, plus a side salad
(sub tofu for vegetarian)
Signature Buttermilk Fried Chicken
A classic with an all-natural local chicken breast, mashed potatoes, vegetable du jour, house-made gravy
Classic Fish and Chips
Pacific true cod, fries, house tartar, malt vinegar
Panzanella Sirloin Steak Salad
All-natural USDA Strip steak, served with warm grilled baguette croutons, organic spring mix, cherry tomatoes, red onions and balsamic vinaigrette
BURGERS AND SANDWICHES
The Classic Burger
All-natural local ground beef, cheddar cheese, tomato, lettuce, pickles, red onion and mayo on a Macrina Bakery brioche bun, served with fries
California style with Harvarti cheese, peppercorn aioli, bacon, avocado, lettuce, tomato, onion and pickles on a brioche bun, served with friesFresh Vegetable Wrap
Sautéed spinach and seasonal vegetables, hummus, shredded lettuce, roasted red pepper aioli in a garlic herb wrap, served with sweet potato fries
Pulled Pork Sandwich
Slow-cooked shredded pork and cole slaw on a brioche bun, served with fries
Spicy Chicken Sandwich
Grilled chicken, May Ploy, Sriracha aioli, fresh basil, lettuce and tomato on a Macrina Bakery ciabatta bun, served with fries
True Cod Fish Sandwich
Fried fish fillets, coleslaw, tartar sauce on a brioche bun served with fries
BAKED LAHVOSH PIZZAS
Tomatoes, mozzarella, fresh basil and pesto drizzle
Caramelized Brussels Sprouts & Bacon Lahvosh
With Applewood-smoked bacon, shallots, mozzarella cheese, cherry tomatoes and balsamic reduction drizzle
Spicy Shrimp and Chorizo Lahvosh
With mozzarella cheese and arugula
HAVE A GREAT GLASS OF WINE!
Pinot GrigioTorre di Luna – Italy
ChardonnaySawtooth Winery – ID
Sauvignon BlancDashwood – New Zealand
AlbarinoPalencia – Columbia Valley
RieslingPalouse Winery – Vashon
White BordeauxChateau Magneau – France
ChardonnayVignalta – Italy
MerlotWaterbrook – WA
Chianti RufinaVilla Travignoli – Italy
MalbecZolo – Argentina
Cabernet SauvignonRamsay – CA
Pinot NoirForis – OR
‘Eclipse’ Red BlendPalouse Winery – Vashon
‘Aah!’ SyrahPalouse Winery – Vashon
‘Two Blondes’ Red BlendAndrew Will – Yakima
La Cuvee de LisaLes Lauribert – France
‘Emotion’ Rosé BrutAntech Limoux – France
BrutPaul Buisse La Bulle – France
ProseccoRive Della Chiesa – Italy
- : 9:00 am - 7:00 pmMon9:00 am - 5:00 pmTue9:00 am - 5:00 pmWed9:00 am - 5:00 pmThu9:00 am - 5:00 pmFri9:00 am - 5:00 pmSat9:00 am - 7:00 pmSunClosedCoronavirus (Covid-19): YesCOVID-19: Services cancelled until further notice.Vashon Presbyterian Church is located at 17708 Vashon Hwy SW on Vashon Island. A valued business Vashon Presbyterian Church on Vashon, visit them today or contact them at 206 463-2010 for more information about their business services. A valued church Vashon Presbyterian Church would love to see you come on by and get to know all they have to offer. Read more...
- : 9:00 am - 7:00 pmMon9:00 am - 5:00 pmTue9:00 am - 5:00 pmWed9:00 am - 5:00 pmThu9:00 am - 5:00 pmFri9:00 am - 5:00 pmSat9:00 am - 7:00 pmSunClosedWater District 19 is the largest Group A Public Water System on Vashon Island and operates under the authority and requirements of RCW Title 57 ~ Sewer and Water Districts. Public water supplier for village of Vashon and the surrounding area. Cooperates with various organizations on data collection on two small creeks which are used for water supply, stream flows Read more...
- : 9:00 am - 7:00 pmMon9:00 am - 5:00 pmTue9:00 am - 5:00 pmWed9:00 am - 5:00 pmThu9:00 am - 5:00 pmFri9:00 am - 5:00 pmSat9:00 am - 7:00 pmSunClosedVashon Maury Island Maritime Heritage Society is located at Vashon Island, WA 98070 on Vashon Island. A valued business Vashon Maury Island Maritime Heritage Society on Vashon, visit them today or contact them at for more information about their business services. A valued business Vashon Maury Island Maritime Heritage Society would love to see you come on by and get Read more...
- Mon9:00 am - 5:00 pmTue9:00 am - 5:00 pmWed9:00 am - 5:00 pmThu9:00 am - 5:00 pmFri9:00 am - 5:00 pmSat9:00 am - 7:00 pmSunClosedAfter 10 years in the darling little house we now have a new location in the main part of Vashon town. We select work from over 95 artisan groups in more than 50 countries in Africa, Asia and Latin America to bring you fairly traded jewelry, home decor, gifts and selected clothing for the woman on the go. Partnering with Read more...